The chair twirls, twirls, and twirls in the
hotel lounge; not by itself; but with the help of a little five-year-old boy.
His mother is short too, way below average height. She had called my attention
at breakfast when her head turned to see where the early morning laughter was coming
from, our table. We tend to wake up in a chippy mood. Well, at least I do and I
tend to make my family laugh at breakfast.
In front of the twirling chair, there is a huge
screen where the England vs Argentina semi-finals World Cup game is playing. I
attentively watched, parted in two, as in which team I should cheer for, I love
Argentina- the country – despite the rivalry between Brazil and Argentina when
it comes to soccer. In addition to all the trouble in Argentina against the fascist
president and the racial remarks during previous game during the World Cup. At
the moment, I feel like a traitor because whenever an Argentinean player
reaches the goal, my heart skips a beat.
Meanwhile the five-year-old still twirls
non-stop. His mother, who seems to lack spark and life, softly tells him to
stop. He twirls and twirls. She picks up her cellphone, types in a message and
within 5 minutes, a tall stern woman appears. In a firm voice she asks the boy
to stop. He twirls and twirls. She asks again in a louder tone. Then without
any enthusiasm, the little boy´s mom turns and says: “I´ve already told him six
times to stop.” Nonetheless, he just keeps spinning.
End of match. Argentina beats England 2x1. Now
we await the final game where the colonizer plays against the colonized (Spain
x Argentina) which will be on July 19th the
final match.
I get up to go back to my room as the boy
twirls and twirls.
Written: July 15, 2026
![]() |
| Google Images - the actual loune I was sitting in and the chairs that twirl. Great hotel! |

No comments:
Post a Comment